About the Brand
OYO Rooms, also known as OYO Hotels & Homes, is an Indian multinational hospitality chain of leased and franchised hotels, homes, and living spaces.
The brand relied heavily on advertisements to promote each video upload. The main challenge was to get organic reach instead need to bring as many new and unique viewers as possible while also focusing on growing the number of returning viewers. They are the ones who bring regular viewership that helps sustain and grow the channel. So, we must bring the average view count up, too, for each video upload.
- Relied on ads for video promotion, but wanted to achieve organic reach.
- Challenge: Increase organic viewership.
- Goal: Attract new and unique viewers.
- Focus on growing returning viewers for steady channel growth.
- Aim to increase the average view count for each video.
Do a comprehensive audit
Started with a review of the current data. It included going over the average view count, views distribution chart, and the potential demographics that could target then looking at the kind of content currently being produced and the upload frequency.
- Reviewed current data, including average view count and views distribution chart.
- Explored potential target demographics based on the data.
- Analyzed the existing content being produced and the frequency of uploads.
Identify the existing highest-value keywords
- Identified effective keywords that were attracting viewers to the channel.
- Focused on keywords with the potential to attract new viewers and generate high views.
- Planned to utilize these successful keywords strategically to maximize their impact on the channel’s growth.
Find potential new keywords
- Researched keywords the channel could rank for.
- Focused on the ones relevant to the current demographic.
- It helped create better metadata for the uploads and improve presence in YouTube Search results.
Add niche keywords
- Apart from the relevant keywords for the video, we also added category and industry-based keywords.
- Ensured that all video uploads got maximum visibility.
- When someone searches for anything closely related to the video content, our videos should be there standing out.
Perform weekly audits and analysis
Kept an eye on the channel to identify Top moments – Potential Dips as well as Spikes. The idea was to work on the content strategy accordingly and make it more effective. following a schedule as per our target upload frequency while optimizing content and improving wherever necessary. These steps helped the channel in attracting new viewers and keep them coming back for more.
In 4 months, the YouTube channel crossed 1B views organically, over 8x of what it was since the beginning of the channel. Overall video views increased to 27M+ Hours.
Long-form content views stood at 664.7M, about 73.2% of the total views. Also, their average view duration was about 2 minutes, and able to bring our ideal viewers to the videos and keep them engaged.
The content appeared in the feed, among the suggested videos, and in the in-YouTube searches. There wasn’t an ounce of paid promotion. In fact, YouTube search emerged as the largest source of traffic.
Adding potential new keywords and niche, industry-based keywords really worked out like a charm. The videos appeared in search more often. So, it improved visibility.As a result, our view count increased by 8x, along with a substantial growth in subscribers and Watch Time.