Small changes can bring big impacts they say. I ran 5 new Google Ad campaigns for an E-commerce brand. What a journey it was! I constantly made small tweaks to the ad campaign parameters. These helped me improve the number of clicks (by 8x) and leads (by 20x) compared to the previous month.
The CPL (Cost per Lead) also came down to almost half of the industry’s average.
About the Brand
Wacoal is a prominent global lingerie brand that combines science and leading-edge technology to provide stylish and comfortably fit lingerie to every woman.
The client’s main concern was their inability to generate leads, resulting in fewer orders and a lack of awareness regarding their lead generation through PPC campaigns. They also had issues with increasing their brand visibility.
Focused on targeting remarketing audience
Planned five new campaigns for the month: 2 Search campaigns and 3 Display campaigns. The first business was to focus exclusively on the Remarketing audience. It put us in a position of better conversion. So, we altered the audience that was set up during the previous campaigns and implemented the changes in the new campaigns.
Changed the campaign bidding strategy
The next thing we took care of was the bidding strategy for the Search campaigns. We changed to Manual CPC from Automated Bidding and changed the target CPC according to the results. It helped us have better control over the campaign budget.
Used Custom Audience for Display ads
Custom Segment audience for the Display and shopping campaigns. For this purpose, we targeted competitors’ keywords and competitors’ website visitors.
Filtered high-conversion terms for Search ads
For the Search campaigns, launched a new Ad group focused on high-conversion terms. used search terms that got converted as leads. It helped us discover new keyword opportunities and gave us better reach and conversions overall.
Audited search reports daily
And we didn’t stop after setting the parameters. We constantly audited the Search terms report on a daily basis. It helped us in identifying irrelevant keywords, which we kept setting as Negative Keywords for the campaign.
The campaign brought 168 leads, 20x higher than the previous count of 4. From these 168 leads, we achieved 9 AQLs, which was zero earlier. We also lowered the average CPL to $163. It’s almost half the industry-standard lead cost of around $300-$350.